The StarCraft II does not launch issue is usually caused by a corrupted game file, outdated graphics driver, or an outdated operating system update. In order to fix this problem you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps on your computer.
StarCraft II is a real time strategy game released by Blizzard Entertainment for the Windows and Mac OS platform last 2010. The game is divided in three installments where players can control different factions such as Terran, Zerg, and Protoss. The campaign mode offers several exciting missions while the multiplayer mode allows players to compete against each other.
Solved: StarCraft II is not launching
One of the problems that you might encounter when playing this game is when it does not launch when you try to start it. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
- Restart the computer
- Make sure the firewall or antivirus program installed in your computer is not blocking the game.
- Make sure to use the latest graphics card driver as well as the latest Windows 10 update.
Method 1: Run the Blizzard repair tool
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by a missing or corrupted game file. To fix this you will need to run the repair tool.
Method 2: Reset the in-game options to fix StarCraft II not launching
There are certain game settings that might be incompatible with your computer hardware which could lead to this problem.
- Open the Battle.net desktop application.
- Click the down facing arrow after the Blizzard logo.
- Click Settings.
- Click Game Settings.
- Click the Reset-in Game Options for the StarCraft II game.
- Click Done.
Method 3: Delete the Battle.net Files
If the problem is caused by corrupted Battle.net files then you will need to delete the folder. This a new copy of the files will be downloaded. Before proceeding with this make sure that the Agent, Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, and game processes are not running.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue.
- Type C:ProgramData into the Open field and press Enter.
- Delete the Battle.net folder.
- Run Battle.net and update the game.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the StarCraft II does not launch problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.